Now is a great time to brush up on your skills and polish your resume. CHICAT is also offering no-cost help with Microsoft Office, job search, interview skills and resume development Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10:30am. Click here to register.
Please contact email@example.com for more information or to sign up for any of our classes or programs.
Program Length: 9 months
CHICAT’s health information technology program provides students with a thorough understanding of the healthcare revenue cycle, medical records management, and medical coding. This thirty-six week program meets Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Courses include:
- Anatomy and Physiology/Medical Terminology
- Health Insurance and Reimbursement
- International Classification of Diseases, ICD 9, ICD 10 Encoder
- Current Procedural Terminology Healthcare
- Common Procedure Coding System
- Electronic Health Record and Practice Management
- Externship Experience
This program enables graduates to sit for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC), leading to healthcare careers like:
- Medical Biller
- Medical Claims Processor
- Ancillary Coder/Physician Coder
- Emergency Department Coder/Ambulatory Surgery Coder
- Patient Business Service Representative
- Insurance Verification Specialist
- Insurance Follow-up Representative
Program Length: 6 months
Maintenance Mechanics work with production machines, typically in factories, and oversee machine performance and upkeep. CHICAT’s advanced manufacturing program provides students with a thorough understanding of the food manufacturing industry, but can also lead to careers in industries like:
- Energy Maintenance and Engineering
- Water/Environmental Maintenance and Engineering
This free program meets Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Program coursework includes:
- Hydraulic Fluid Power
- Pneumatic Fluid Power
- Mechanical Tools and Drive Systems
- AC/DC Electrical Systems and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Flexible Manufacturing Conveyor & Robotic Systems
- Shop Fundamentals
Completion of the Maintenance Mechanics program will provide students with Manufacturing Service Skills Council (MSSC) certification as Certified Production Technicians (CPT).
Program Length: 6 months
Food Quality Laboratory Technicians ensure that manufactured products meet safety standards and company specifications. CHICAT’s Food QC/QA Laboratory Technician program provides students with a thorough understanding of the food manufacturing industry as well as obtaining certifications in Allergens, Six Sigma White Belt and HACCP, which can lead to careers in industries like: Quality Assurance, Technician Quality Assurance Auditor, Quality Control Inspector
Typical Employers: Food production companies (Dean Foods, Mondelez International, Cargill, etc.), Food chemical supply companies (Airgas Inc, Stepan Company, Solvay, etc.),Government inspection agencies (USDA, FDA, FSIS, etc.)
This is a 22-week course that meets from 8:30am to 2:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Program includes: Introduction to Food Science and Quality, Food Chemistry/ Food Analysis/Nutrition/ Food Sensory, Food Microbiology/ Food Toxicology, Food Processing, Food Product Development, Food Laws & Regulations/GMP/PPE, Food Capstone/ New Food Product Development, Mock Manufacturing/ Mock Recall/Customer complaints/ Product Hold, including HACCP, HARPC, SQF, Quality Manuals, FMSA, and Externship.